Monday, September 19, 2005





I'm starting this to document my experiments with love, art, and spirituality.
It was a good day today (I didn't even have to use my AK). A group of us (Amberlynn, Kristin, Audrey, James, and I) had our first spiritual discussion group meeting today and it was.... spiritual. No really, it was exactly what I'd been looking for; a forum to talk about spiritual things. It's something that I've felt missing in my life since I made the decision not to participate in my religion.
My favorite comment was made by Audrey; we were talking about prayer and what it is, how it works, etc. and how a natural setting seems to be more conducive to a spiritual feeling. Audrey brought up the idea that animals and plants may have spirits as well and the idea that perhaps God is communicating to them too. She asked the question "are we overhearing something?" when we're out in nature? This was something that struck me as interesting and beautiful.

I would also like to chronicle the events of the "Brooklyn Art House" as I have dubbed it. This is the beautiful turn of the century house that Pete, Audrey, James, Kristin, and I live in.

So far we have had a couple of events that are noteworthy. We had a housewarming party midway through August which included a performance from the powerful, lovely Emily Potter and several others. The crowd was mostly composed of our LDS friends and it was a beautiful way to kick off the concept of the house. We had a display of art in our in-house gallery and then our beautiful friends performed for us.

A couple of weeks later we had a birthday party for Pete and his girlfriend, Judith. Judith's siblings traveled from all around the country to celebrate the event with us and we partied hardy. We had performances and then an eighties dance party where my inebriated brother showed us how to get down. Very good times.

More events coming soon...

5 comments:

  1. Ahh. Don't delete my comment! I'm tagging you onto mine so I hope to be here often.

    Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what she said that you needed to delete. oooooh... I wonder if you would mind inviting me to a disscusion group sometime. I am open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you would copy and paste what you say here about the discussion group on the SDG blog. (I don't wanna be the only one contributing!)

    Hurray for joining blog world! Welcome Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all of my favorite people here! It's so awesome that we can be united in cyber space!
    Look what you do in the world Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Paul,
    It's great to see what you're up to. I'll definitely be checking you out (well, I mean your blog). I just started a blog myself to document my times in Taiwan.
    Take care, Ben

    ReplyDelete