Monday, February 6, 2006

Gammi's 90th Birthday Party

A few weeks ago Pete and I traveled out to Utah to celebrate my Grandma's (Gammi) 90th. We had a great time seeing family and playing with our nieces and our new nephew. Miraculously, everyone got along and we enjoyed reminiscing about good times that we had with Gammi. We also heard stories about our ancestors and saw old pictures that we hadn't seen before.


Almost our whole family. Dee Dee's husband, Jared, was trying to keep up with McKenna (she was having a blast running around) so they didn't make it into the picture.




















Gammi when she was little. (above)
I think (my niece)McKenna looks a lot like Gammi in this picture.




















Gammi's still beautiful at ninety, but she was a hottie back in the day.

















Gammi, with my Mom and Uncle Charles, then and now!








Amy and Lainey (left), Amy's daughter, Talia (below)

My sisters, Dee Dee and Amy





Pete entertaining Dee Dee's daughter, Alyssa




















Dee Dee's daughter, Savannah (above) and Lainey (below)



















Gammi and her great granddaughters


Pete being a funnyhead with his nieces (above). Punch and cake are good, yeah? (below)

6 comments:

  1. Everyone is so lovely! How not surprised I am.

    You need Charles's childhood outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family. Looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. Looks like an idyllic family gathering. Sometimes connecting with family is awesome just because you see people who know you in a way no one else does. My grandfather's funeral was like that. A funeral, but so much joy in seeing our cousins after so many years. People who know me now know me better in some ways, but they don't know the little me inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you shared this Paul
    It's nice to see this part of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in love with pete.

    Everyone else said nice things about your family...so I thought I would too.

    Marry me paul.

    ReplyDelete